Welcome COP Namibia
Welcome to Child Online Protection platform, on this platform, we share various activities, projects and events pertaining to the main goal of ensuring our children are safe online.
- Once information makes its way online it can be difficult to remove and can be easily and quickly shared around.
- Images and words can be misinterpreted and altered as they are passed around.
- Content intended for your small group of friends can cause issues when shared with others outside the group.
- Disable location services
- Log out of social media sites
- Change your smartphone settings
- Limit the amount of personal information you give
- Social media Audit: your online persona is an extension of your CV.
Sign into an app or online account using a social media account you already have
Panic or overreact when you fall victim to privacy and security attacks.
Use your expertise knowledge to attack others.
Your digital reputation is defined by your behaviors in the online environment and by the content you post about yourself and others.
- When you visit websites, search, and interact online, a trail of information is left behind.
- Elements of your digital footprints can be searched or shared.
- Digital footprints can be helpful or harmful to reputations both now and in the future.
- Once online, things can exist forever (even if deleted).
- You should always think before you post online.
- Personal information or opinions sent to one person can be shared with a larger audience.
- Googling yourself can be a good habit to get into (or try a search engine like Pipl).
In this digital age, where children and young people increasingly have access to the Internet and mobile phones, violence and abuse are no longer restricted to homes, schools and communities but also happen in an online environment. While children have always been exposed to violence, exploitation and abuse, ICT has expanded the scale, scope, opportunities and types of risks to abuse and exploitation, with new forms of harm emerging through the internet, mobile phones or platforms for games and videos.
Our Informative Articles and Videos
Watch the Video to Explore more About COP
Crimes committed against children online
Have you ever wondered what sort of crimes are being committed against children online? What could be motivating such evil acts? What of the long term effects of such crimes on children?
How to fight such crimes effectively? How can we reach out to children to sensitize them on the potential dangers lurking the cyber space? Who is responsible for ensuring sanity on the cyber space?
Our goal is to eduacate Children, Youths and parents about COP
Explore Our Services
If you are as concerned as we are, please do share any strategies, approaches and ways of ensuring Child online safety behaviours.